« Home | Internet Home Based Business - Does This Internet ... » | What I Learned About Internet Marketing » | Start Your Own Internet Marketing For Small Business » 

Saturday, April 12, 2008 

Internet Home Business - The Basics Of Getting Started

When I finally decided that the internet was my best opportunity to create a stable source of income for my family I was immediately overwhelmed with all the possible resources to use. Fortunately for me I came across someone at work who had already taken the plunge into internet marketing by creating a website for their fiance and was in the process of maximizing their SEO efforts.

By listening to them and gleaning valuable information from their journey I finally worked up enough nerve to go through the sites I had bookmarked as possible resources. My personal search for an internet home business began by studying everything I could get my hands on regarding "affiliate marketing". Unlike my co-worker I did not have a web site with a product of my own to promote and this seemed like the perfect fit. Here is the summary of my personal journey. I believe it will serve as a great map for others who want to find thier own "pot of gold" on the internet landscape.

  • decide how much you can afford to spend on your internet marketing education over the first 12 months
  • decide which internet home business model will work best for you; website, blog, affiliate marketing, or online auctions, understand the pro's and cons of each one
  • after you have selected your internet home business model begin to educate yourself on the most effective methods to develop and promote your business; this is where you begin to invest in yourself, which course work, ebook or software will you need to purchase at this time?
  • whatever you decide take it seriously - if you treat it like a business then it will respond like a business
  • once you feel you have a pretty good grasp of this material then look forward and see where you lack confidence or knowledge to take your business to the next level, i.e, creating banners, email autoresponders, writing content, online promotion, etc. Then plan on making your next investment in your continuing education in the internet home business field.
  • this education process is ongoing, each time you learn something new immediately put it the test, this is the only way you'll know if you truly have what it takes.
  • join as many forums as possible that are specific to your business and develop good relationships with members that you feel truly know what their talking about
  • rinse and repeat

Even if you decide to go with a pre-established business model like that of an MLM business you will need to invest in your education in order to really succeed with your internet home business. I have my own personal internet marketing "coaches" that I refer to regularly. I even buy their products as I continue to this day to educate myself. This is the best advice I can give anyone who is considering an internet home business...it has served me well. To your Success!

Luis A. Castillo is an accomplished webmaster and affiliate marketer who has been effectively marketing online for over 3 years. To get his popular "Free Website Marketing Tool Kit" you can visit http://www.targeted-traffic-site-builder.com/page29.html He is also offering a Free Money Making Website with Instant Start-up at http://www.Luis-Castillo-Online.com - You can get lots of great information on every aspect of doing business online at http://www.targeted-traffic-site-builder.com

Tarangbhargavaxjimyi
Web Developmentypfcyyl